Saturday, April 22, 2017

Asking for a friend


Asking for a friend. One of my old army buddies is looking at heading to old Blighty.

"I'd like to go to Bovington England for tiger day in September. with a few days to see London and potentially Thetford in Norfolk. I don't know if I want to stay at a different hotel each city, or operate out of London and travel out. I have to factor in if I leave one day what day do I actually arrive both coming and going and all of that."
It seems that he is trying to decided if he wants to go with a travel agency or try to play it by ear.

2 comments:

  1. I'd suggest travelling out rather than staying in London, or else it will be three hours' traveling either side of every day. The trains are notoriously slow and unreliable down South.

    I'd suggest one day to arrive in London and see the sights, travel to Bovington on Day 2 and do the Tank Museum, stay there that night, then use Day 3 to get back to London and fly out - bolting on a Day 4 to get out to Thetford and back if you decide to do that.

    You could probably do it in much less time than that if you needed to, but anything less than three days is going to be a hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions, I will pass it on.

      Delete