Friday, January 19, 2018

Hobbying.


Ah yes my long neglected indo-china project. How long has it been since I first bought the Paras?
To long is the answer.
Well the wait is no more. I have convinced a few of the locals in the gaming group to take the plunge into late 40s/early 50's war gaming. Even got one of them who is in love with the French-Algerian conflict so that might be next on the agenda.

So this is the TO&E that I will be working with for my Paras.
I have one platoon of European Paras and a half platoon of Viet Paras. Which I hope to even out next time I get paid.


(which I stole from this old blog post)
http://dienbienphuredstarminiatures.blogspot.com/2013/05/to-for-1953-1954-french-para-company.html

I have one platoon of European Paras and a half platoon of Viet Paras. Which I hope to even out next time I get paid.
So in my digging in storage I found out that sadly one of the M1 carbine armed French Paras was missing a barrel. So a quick fix with a Sten Gun from a bolt-action plastic weapons set and here you go.

StenGun armed Para.

Ok one thing that has held me back a bit is a lack of a good space to work on my models. For some reason the loving and supportive lady in my life doesn't want me leaveing paint and models all over the kitchen table. So she decided to gift me this lovely kit From IKEA. a slightly late Christmas gift.
Construction starts tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! I hate it when rifle barrels break - especially skinny ones like an M1 - nice fix with the Sten barrel!

    Looking forward to they project moving ahead - It's a period/conflict I've long been fascinated with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tim, almost have this table put together. Once it is done, I expect my hobby out put to increase.

      Delete